IQAC (Internal Quality Assurance Cell) :
The college has set up Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to access and monitor the quality of education and sustainability in the College. It is responsibility of the Cell to take necessary steps to improve the academic atmosphere as well as to perform the social responsibilities. The Cell is constituted under the Chairmanship of the Principal I/c Md. Habibur Rahman with its different Wings as below :
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) :
Name Designation Portfolio
1. Md. Habibur Rahman Principal I/c Chairman
2. Md. Shariful Islam Asstt. Professor Co-ordinator
3. Bina Kalita Sr. Asstt. Professor Teacher Member
4. Debajit Mahanta Sr. Asstt. Professor Teacher Member
5. Shamima S. Khandaker Asstt. Professor Teacher Member
6. Nazrul Islam Asstt. Professor Management Rep.
7. Md. Sahjahan Office Asstt. Tech. Staff
8. Madhab Ch. Das Lib. Asstt. Tech. Staff
9. Indadul Islam Student Student Member
10. Md. Sofiqul Islam Associate Professor External Expert
11. Fakar Uddin Ali Ahmed Advocate, Nagaon Alumni
12. Nurul Amin Retd. Head Master Stakeholder
13. Tarun Ch. Bora Retd. Subject Teacher Community Rep.
Different Wings of IQAC :
Name of the Wings Convenors
1) Academic and Curriculum Shamima Sultana Khandakar, Asstt. Prof. (Deptt. of
2) Career Counselling Debajit Mahanta, Asstt. Prof. (Deptt. of History)
3) Research Consultancy Dr. Tridib Kumar Goswami, Asstt. Prof. (Deptt. of English)
4) Women Development Bina Kalita, Asstt. Prof. (Deptt. of Assamese)
5) Library Development Md. Nazrul Islam, Asstt. Prof. (Deptt. of History)
6) Enviroment Development Mantoo Kumar Borah, Asstt. Prof. (Deptt. of Pol. Sc.)
7) Social Service Ashique Elahi, Asstt. Prof. (Deptt. of Economics)
IDENTITY CARD :
Every student on admission will be issued with an identity card which is to wear on neck during the college hours. Loss of identity card will entail a fine of Rs. 20/- for re-issuance. At the end of each academic session, the old identity card is to be surrendered for renewal.
LIBRARY CARD :
A student, after taking admission in library will be provided with a library card with the facility to borrow two books at a time. A Major student can borrow 4 books at a time which are to be returned within a maximum of 15 days.
In additional there is a reading room to go through news papers and periodicals. A student must return the library card at the end of each session.
LIBRARY WORKING HOURS : 10-00 A.M. to 1-00 P.M.
8.3 : INTRA-COLLEGE SEMINAR :
An Intra-College Seminar will be conducted twice in a year in the college on current issues to increase the knowledge of the students in regard to the day by day changing scenario of the world environment in every aspect.
8.4 : SCHOLARSHIP/PRIZES :
Students may apply for State Merit Scholarship, UGC ST/SC/OBC/Minority Scholarship given by different Govt. Departments and N.G.O.s. Apart from that there are Scholarship, Prizes and Medals given by the college itself to the meritorious students.
8.5 : CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES AND STUDENT’S UNION :
Batadraba S.S.S. College Student Union (BCSU) is the general body of the students of the college. Its membership is compulsory for every student and the office bearers of the Students Union are elected annually. A student desires to be elected as office bearer of the Students Union must have 70% attendence in his her class. The College Union Body renders a number of social services like games and sports, debates, cultural programmes, quiz competitions, talent search competitions, festivals and social services among the students.
TUTORIAL CLASSES :
In addition to the regular routine classes, the authority arranges for tutorial classes in certain subjects. It is compulsory for the students to attend the same.
GENERAL RULES FOR MAINTENANCE OF DISCIPLINE :
1. Great emphasis is laid on discipline and character building and students are expected to maintain a high standard of discipline. They are subjected to the rules and regulations of college.
2. The students admitted to the college must abide by all rules and regulations as prescribed by the college authorities. Violation of rules, unsatisfactory progress, irregular attendance, irregular clearance of college fees, showing discourtesy to the teachers and staff members in any offences which may make students liable for disciplinary action like termination of scholarship, forced transfer and even expulsion from the college.
3. All forms of ragging in college campus are strictly prohibited by the Govt. and strong disciplinary actions as indicated in Sl.No.2 above may be taken if any one found to be involved directly or indirectly in ragging.
4. Students Union and all other associations shall be subject to such guidance and control as the college administration may prescribe from time to time.
5. Any notice desired to be pasted or circulated by the students any where within the college or other places will need the prior permission / approval of the Principal. Nothing can do in the college campus without the knowledge and permission from the college authority.
6. No students shall loiter in the college premises and disturb the teaching of the other classes. Free time is to be properly utilized in the reading room and library.